Saturday, July 11, 2009

paper and thread

lucky announcement set. to see more pictures and/or to purchase, click here.

butterfly wedding announcement set. to see more picture and/or to purchase, click here.

it's been a while since i last post on this blog. i've been busy with my prep for the modern bridal faire in ritz carlton, san francisco. tons of things to design, print and look at to make sure that the items i have is absolutely the best ones i have. i'll post some of the pics after the faire.

on that note, i've put up 2 new wedding announcement set, butterfly and lucky. these sets are inspired by chinese folk design, and really what i've done is applying 1 idea and executing it in 2 different ways. that's part of my process when i'm getting ideas. i usually explore as much possibilities as i can before deciding on which direction i'd like to go. if i woke up the next day and still love it, then i'm sure i'll love it forever. this is may be why i feel my design progression is rather slow, since i'm very picky myself. the designs that i sell are all the things that i love and happy with. this way, i won't be sick of producing these designs since these are printed, cut, and sewn in my studio by me!

this project begins with a decision to create a chinese announcement with a modern twist. i struggled to start, so this idea was flying around in my head, and on my computer, for a while now. almost abandoned a few times, this project kept getting back to me, asking me to finish it. in the end i'm glad i stuck with it. the execution using sewing on paper is deliberate as a symbol of togetherness. while the execution of the butterfly set was derailed (due to my ignorance of paper weight vs needle and my sewing machine power).

lucky was supposed to be a booklet style where you hold the announcement like a book. but due to paper choice, i can't give up the paper that i like, i have to use different method. i'm using this method for my future project! ^^

the end result of butterfly set happened by accident though. but i love it at the end because i think it told a different story. lucky set, on the other hand, was pretty easy to execute since the end result was exactly how i imagine it to be. all in all, i'm glad this project came to fruition. and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do! you can find these at my etsy store.



^^
-sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment